Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use your mod in a modpack?
All of my mods may be used in modpacks regardless of launcher platform, please do not ask for express permission.
Can I repost your mod on a Chinese/Japanese/... etc. forum?
You are allowed to translate the mod description and repost it on your local forum. Please indicate that it's not an official post and please do not ask for express permission.
Can I use your mod in a video?
All of my mods may be used in videos, please do not ask for express permission.
Can I make a Bedrock / MCPE / ... version or port of your mod?
If you do, then ideally, you:
- Come up with a name that's completely different (it's not as hard as you think).
- Design your own visuals (again, I've created mine with no artistic talent at all, there's no excuse).
At the very least:
- You must not name your addon the exact same (e.g.
Waystones), nor use any "edition-style" pre- or suffixes like
Waystones (Bedrock Edition)or
Waystones for Bedrockor
- You must use a name that makes your addon or port distinguishable from the original mod; it should not give the impression of being an official version.
- You must follow the license requirements associated with the assets you're going to use.
- This means that all of my 1.17+ assets are not to be used except as outlined in the license file (for special cases).
- Assets from older versions that were released under The MIT License obviously remain usable under those license terms.
"But Blay, I found this addon or mod that literally breaks those minimum requirements"
- These requirements were released on July 14th 2021 in response to confusion caused by spin-off mods.
- I can't retroactively enforce these requirements, as older versions were released under more permissive license terms.
- I don't have time nor do I want to spend the effort and drama of getting people to respect these terms. But you know my stance on it.
Ideas & Commissions
I have a great idea for a new mod
Feel free to post it on our Discord server. Please do not send me mod ideas via DM or expect me to personally engage with it.
I have a great idea for a new feature in mod X
Feel free to post it on our Discord server. Please do not send me feature ideas via DM. You can also submit fleshed out feature requests on the issue tracker.
I have a great wallet and want to pay you to make me a mod
I generally do not accept commissions from users or content creators. If you are an actual business with a use-case involving Minecraft, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you port to Fabric?
Yes, my mods are available for both Fabric and Forge starting with Minecraft 1.17.
Can you backport to Minecraft 1.x.x please?
No, I only backport fixes for crashes and game-breaking bugs when necessary. New features will never be backported.
Are you going to update your mod to Minecraft 1.x.x?
Yes, unless the mod is marked as unmaintained on CurseForge.
When will this mod get ported? When will this feature be added?
Tomorrow. Stop asking for ETAs unless you pay me large sums of money.
Where or how do I configure the mod(s)?
If you are on Forge, you should install a mod such as Configured to bring back the mod config screen from earlier Minecraft versions.
On Fabric, you can find the mod settings in the Mod Menu (assuming you have a mod menu mod installed).
Either way you always have the option to edit the config files directly using a text editor.
Thank you for answering all these questions. To be honest, I've kind of fallen in love with you. How do I give you money to show just how deep my appreciation is?
You can support me on Patreon, subscribe on Twitch or donate via StreamElements.
Patreon supporters and Twitch subscribers can link their Minecraft account to become an Auto Sieve skin in Ex Compressum.
My question is not listed here, what do I do now?
If your question is related to a specific mod, check the FAQ on the specific mod's page.
If that still does not answer your question, you have the following options:
- If you are getting a crash or a bug, report it to the mod's GitHub repository (Submit Issues & Feedback link on mod page).
- If you need support in general or have a short question needing a simple answer, you can use the
#supportchannel in our Discord.